We, forward moving VCs, believe in equal access to funding and opportunity for all founders.
Help us make it happen!
Tools & Events
We, the undersigned Dutch VCs, believe in equal access to funding and opportunity for all founders, irrespective of their background or gender.
A prevalent example is that currently only ~2% of all Dutch VC capital is invested in female-founded or female co-founded companies.
This is despite the fact that research shows that diverse teams positively impact performance.
Moreover, investing in diversity is the right thing to do.
We want to create the optimal startup ecosystem in the Netherlands. To achieve this we need to maximize inclusivity for all our talent.
With this statement, we take a stance to #FundRight and invite other parties to join.
Together we can make a difference in achieving a diverse startup ecosystem!
We care about all aspects of diversity. The first step will focus on creating working models around increasing gender diversity in the Dutch ecosystem.
Progress will be tracked and monitored and lessons learned shared so they can be adopted into measures to further increase diversity beyond gender diversity and expanded to European investor networks.
We are aware of the impact of unconscious bias and the effort it will, therefore, take to change this and other deeply ingrained prejudices.
This will require structural measures and a long term commitment of all parties involved.
Therefore, in our joint effort to create a more inclusive startup ecosystem in the Netherlands, we will commit ourselves for the next three years to the following goals and actions.
We, the undersigned VC’s and TechLeap commit to the following goals:
- Within 3 years of this statement, all participating VC companies and the management teams of their current portfolio companies will have a diverse mix including 35% women.
- A considerable percentage of the companies (co-)invested in are (co-)founded by a woman.
- We will, carried out by TechLeap, publish an annual report of key statistics in relation to the gender diversity of Dutch VC and their portfolio companies.
- We actively propagate our statement, share our learnings and approaches with the end goal of signing up 100% of all Dutch VC’s by 2022.
- Legal documents: An inclusion clause will be added to the term sheets of the participating VC companies (see an example of an inclusion clause here).
- Annual overview: to give an overview of the Dutch VC landscape and gender diversity, TechLeap will work with all partners involved on creating an annual report (based on anonymous data) including, but not limited to data on:
- Diversity of investment committees
- Diversity of management of portfolio companies (for new and existing investments)
- Invested capital per category (i.e. female, male, mixed teams)
- Speaking engagements: all parties involved will hold up to only participating in events as jury members or speakers that have a high level of diversity in those taking part.
- Communication: to share and communicate our learnings, insights, and commitment to external stakeholders.
- Operations: screen all communication and recruitment processes for diversity sensitivity to avoid implicit bias and encourage diversity.
Our commitment to this statement is for three years. After this period the statement will be revised.
Stand up, and join this statement!
Please, fill out this form.