We commit to the following goals:
- All participating VCs (investment team, advisory board and investment committee) will have a diverse team, including 35% women.
- 35% of the porftolio companies have all female or mixed management teams.
- A considerable percentage of (co-)investments will go to companies (co-)founded by a woman.
- We will, carried out by Techleap, publish an annual report of key statistics in relation to the gender diversity of VCs and their portfolio companies.
- We actively propagate our statement, share our learnings and approaches with the end goal of signing up 100% of all Dutch VCs.
An inclusion clause will be added to the term sheets of the participating VC companies. Example inclusion clause:
We strive to invest in companies that are consciously working to create a diverse leadership team – one that’s inclusive across gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disabilities and national origins. While we would never impose hiring decisions, we aim to reduce the potential impact of unconscious bias for key C-Level, advisory board, supervisory board and senior roles within a Company. We, therefore, ask that each portfolio company include an “inclusion rule” in its HR policies so that at least one woman and/or member of a population currently underrepresented within the company shall be formally interviewed for any open executive position.
To give an overview of the Dutch VC landscape and gender diversity, Techleap will work with all partners involved on creating an annual report (based on anonymous data) including, but not limited to data on:
- Diversity of investment teams
- Diversity of management of portfolio companies (for new and existing investments)
- Invested capital per category (i.e. female, male, mixed teams)
All parties involved will hold up to only participating in events as jury members or speakers that have a high level of diversity in those taking part.
To share and communicate our learnings, insights, and commitment to external stakeholders.
Screen all communication and recruitment processes for diversity sensitivity to avoid implicit bias and encourage diversity.